PRIS: 35.000 SEK
In this MicroFocus Vibe, Administration and Application Development course, you learn how to implement and manage MicroFocus Vibe
Training Level: 2 – Intermediate
Duration: 5 Days
- Describe how Vibe works and how it can implemented in your organization.
- Plan a Vibe installation.
- Install Vibe on Linux and Windows using the graphical user interface.
- Manage the Vibe server.
- Integrate Vibe with eDirectory and Active Directory.
- Integrate Vibe with GroupWise and Exchange.
- Create basic workflow processes.
- Integrate Vibe with MicroFocus Dynamic Storage Technology.
- Evaluate organizational processes and design Workflow elements and forms that mirror manually-performed procedures.
- Create Workflow states, implement transitions between states, use notifications, and implement access controls.
- Design forms and integrate them with the Workflows.
- Implement Java Server Pages (JSPs) within a workflow.
This course is designed for network administrators implementing MicroFocus Vibe in their environment and needing to perform tasks such as installation, set up, daily administration and basic application development tasks to utilize the Workflow functionality in Vibe.
Before taking this course, you should have some experience with Linux servers. Knowing how to provide basic services such as Web servers, email servers, and Tomcat portlet containers is extremely helpful in understanding the setup and administration of MicroFocus Vibe.
SECTION 1 Vibe Overview
SECTION 2 Preparing the Server for Vibe
- Exercise 2-1: Preparing a Linux Server for a MicroFocus Vibe
SECTION 3 Installing Vibe
- Exercise 3-1: Installing Vibe on SLES
- Exercise 3-2: Installing Vibe on Windows Server 2008
SECTION 4 Setting Up User Access
- Exercise 4-1: Managing Vibe Users and Groups
- Exercise 4-2: Managing Vibe Users and Groups
SECTION 5 Setting Up Workspaces
- Exercise 5-1: Creating a Team Workspace
- Exercise 5-2: Adding Accessories to a Workspace
- Exercise 5-2: Creating a Landing Page
SECTION 6 Configuring Access Controls
- Exercise 6-2: Managing Access Controls
SECTION 7 Integrating Vibe with Directory Services
- Exercise 7-1: Importing an eDirectory Server Certificate
- Exercise 7-2: Integrating Vibe with eDirectory
- Exercise 7-3: Integrating Vibe with Active Directory
SECTION 8 Integrating Vibe with Email Services
- Exercise 8-1: Integrate Vibe with GroupWise
SECTION 9 Creating Virtual Zones
- Exercise 9-1: Creating Virtual Vibe Zones
SECTION 10 Implementing Workflows
- Exercise 10-1: Group Activity: Analyzing Digital Airlines Resume Evaluation Process
- Exercise 10-2: Group Activity: Designing a Workflow for Digital Airlines
- Exercise 10-3: Creating Workflow States
- Exercise 10-4: Adding Transitions Between States
- Exercise 10-5: Adding Notifications
- Exercise 10-6: Using Workflow Questions
- Exercise 10-7: Using Interim States
- Exercise 10-8: Adding Access Controls
- Exercise 10-9: Implementing a Parallel Workflow
SECTION 11 Creating Custom Forms and Views
- Exercise 11-1: Designing a Custom Form for the Resume Processing Workflow
- Exercise 11-2: Creating a Form in Vibe
- Exercise 11-3: Designing a Custom View for the Resume Processing Workflow
- Exercise 11-4: Creating a View
- Exercise 11-5: Configuring a Folder with a Workflow and Form
- Exercise 11-6: Testing Your Form and Workflow
- Exercise 11-7: Using JSPs
SECTION 12 Profiles and Templates
- Exercise 12-1: Managing User Profiles
- Exercise 12-2: Creating Folder Templates
- Exercise 12-3: Creating a Workspace Template
- Exercise 12-4 Modifying the User Workspace Template
- Exercise 12-5 Live Fire Exercise