Pris: 35.000 sek
Learn how to install and configure Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager and manage enterprise datacenter resources with this five-day course. This course is part two in a series of two courses that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to implement an enterprise virtualization solution. This course will cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 environment using System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager. This course primarily covers the advanced and enterprise-level technologies and solutions available through Microsoft virtualization, networking and storage. Using hand-on labs, students will learn the following:
- New features and capabilities in Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V and System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager.
- How to configure High Availability for Hyper-V and Virtual Machine Manager.
- How to update the Virtual Machine Manager environment and underlying Fabric infrastructure including considerations for other System Center components.
- How to configure advanced networking features in Virtual Machine Manager such as Uplink Port Profiles and Virtual Port Profiles.
- How to configure Storage in Virtual Machine Manager including the advantages and disadvantages between different storage types.
- How to use Virtual Machine Manager to configure cloud resources and provision access to a cloud.
- How to configure and manage the Library in Virtual Machine Manager including Library synchronization and equivalence objects.
- How to prepare the Windows Operating System for deployment in Virtual Machine Manager including how to use Sysprep, WIM and an unattend.xml file.
- How to configure and use Virtual Machine Templates and Service Templates in Virtual Machine Manager including how Service Templates are used in a real-world scenario.
- How Virtual Machine Manager integrates with other System Center components such as Operations Manager and Orchestrator including how Operations Manager monitors the Virtual Machine Manager environment.
- An overview of Windows Azure Pack including how to complete an express deployment and how to configure VM Clouds.
- How to configure Azure Site Recovery to replicate and recover virtual machines.
This course is intended for IT Professionals who are responsible for designing, implementing, managing and maintaining a virtualization infrastructure or are interested in learning about current Microsoft Virtualization technologies for enterprise datacenter environments. This course is also intended for IT Decision Makers who will be determining which virtualization and infrastructure management products to implement in their datacenters.
- Recommended: MCSA: Windows Server 2012.
- Recommended: Course 20409: Server Virtualization with Windows Server and System Center.
- An understanding of virtualization concepts and working knowledge of Microsoft Hyper-V.
- An understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts and working knowledge of Microsoft networking.
- An understanding of different storage technologies and concepts and working knowledge of Microsoft storage technologies and solutions.
- Working knowledge of Windows PowerShell.
Perform initial configuration tasks in Virtual Machine Manager including:
- Review and prepare the Hyper-V environment for Virtual Machine Manager
- Add Hyper-V Hosts to Virtual Machine Manager
- Configuring Host Groups
- Use Virtual Machine Manager PowerShell Cmdlets
Configure High Availability for Hyper-V and Virtual Machine Manager including:
- Reviewing Distributed Key Management
- Configuring SQL AlwaysOn
- Clustering Hyper-V Hosts
- Configuring High Availability for the management Virtual Machines
Update the Virtual Machine Manager environment including:
- How to update Virtual Machine Manager
- Configuring and using Baselines to update the Virtual Machine Manager infrastructure
Configure advanced networking in Virtual Machine Manager including:
- Creating Logical Networks
- Creating Uplink and Virtual Port Profiles
- Creating and deploying Logical Switches
- Creating VM Networks
Configure Storage in Virtual Machine Manager including:
- Discovering, classifying, creating and allocating storage
- Configure the Virtual Machine Manager Library and Library objects including:
- Creating Library Servers
- Enabling de-duplication
- Adding Library Servers to VMM
- Synchronizing Libraries
- Prepare a Windows Server Operating system for deployment including:
- Using Sysprep
- Using an Unattent.xml file
- Converting a WIM to VHDx
- Configuring bare-metal deployments of Hyper-V and Scale-out file servers
- Configure Virtual Machine and Service Templates including:
- Creating Hardware Profiles
- Creating Guest OS Profiles
- Importing and configuring Service Templates
- Configure System Center Integration including:
- Configuring integration with Operations Manager
- Configuring integration with Orchestrator
- Using Operations Manager to troubleshoot problems detected in Virtual Machine Manager
- Perform an express deployment of Windows Azure Pack including:
- Configuring a VM Cloud
- Configuring User Accounts
- Configuring Plans
- Deploying a Virtual Machine
- Configure Azure Site Recovery including:
- Configuring replication to Azure
- Recovering a virtual machine from Azure