Pris: 18.200 sek
Learn how to use configuration management with Puppet across your enterprise and cloud environment. The course will make use of Puppet install on Ubuntu and CentOS systems so that we can make full use of configuration management across a diverse ecosystem.
After completing this course, students will be able to deploy basic system configurations management using best practices for Puppet in a Client/Server setup.
In this course we expect students to have little knowledge or experience with Puppet Enterprise of Open Source but who intend to deploy configuration management with Puppet.
- This course is based on Linux and students should be comfortable working at the Linux command line
- Be familiar with a Linux text editor. Typically we would suggest vim but nano is also provided on the lab systems
- You will need junior level sysadmin skills. For example, you should know:
- how to manage a service
- Add and remove software packages
- what an entry in the local hosts file means
- what a hostname is and how it is used
- how to troubleshoot basic networking problems such as name lookups, DNS lookups, and basic connectivity
- The fundamental component roles that make up Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source.
- The core concepts for the Puppet DSL (Domain Specific Language), including:
- Modules and Classes
- Language Constructs
- Separating logic from presentation by using Templates.
- Modelling repeatable portions of your configuration by using Defined Resource Types such as users, services, packages and files.
- Building a foundation for building more complex configurations by using Advanced Classes:
- Parameterized Classes
- Introduction to Inheritance
- Introduction to Data Separation using Hiera
- Revisiting Classification using parameterized classes & ADB
- An introduction to using modules from the Puppet Forge and Supported Modules.
- A brief introduction to the Roles and Profiles design pattern.