Pris: 21.000 sek
Sammanfattning på Svenska
ZENworks Asset Management (ZAM) är en del av produktsviten ZENworks. ZAM hanterar en organisations tillgångar. Den här kursen riktar sig till dig som skall arbeta i rollen Software Asset Manager eller i liknande roll sköta din organisations license compliance och behöver lära dig hur du skall planera för, strukturera och använda det datainnehåll som samlas upp av produkten.
Den här kursen lär dig arbeta som användare med tillgångshantering i produkten ZENworks. Efter genomgången kurs har du lärt dig förstå konceptet för tillgångshantering, planera för hur du skall implementera det i din organisation med hjälp av ZENworks och sköta rapportering och uppföljning av organisationens tillgångar. Vidare har du lärt dig fylla systemet med din organisations tillgångar och hur du skall hantera eventuella avvikelser och sköta din organisations compliance effektivt.
Managing Assets with Micro Focus ZENworks Asset Management presents a comprehensive look at how to use ZENworks 11.2 Asset Management. The course begins with a review of Software Asset Management techniques applicable to any enterprise using any asset management tool. Then, students are introduced to the ZENworks Control Center, learn how to navigate and configure the application. The features of ZENworks Asset Management – usage monitoring, document and contract management, and software license management are presented in detail. The class is appropriate for both experienced software managers as well as those new to the practice.
Training Level: 0 – All
Duration: 3 Days
During this course, you learn how to:
- Describe asset management.
- Explore ZAM through the ZENworks Control Center.
- Configure ZAM.
- Perform software recognition.
- Use reporting.
- Use software usage monitoring.
- Manage documents.
- Manage contracts.
- Manage licenses.
This course is designed for both experienced software managers, those in the SAM (Software Asset Management) space, as well as those new to the practice.
There are no course prerequisites.
Section 1 – Introduction
Section 2 – Asset Management in an Hour
- Overview and introduction to general asset management concepts and, more specifically, Software Asset Management. It is not intended to be all-inclusive or authoritative.
Section 3 – Introduction to ZENworks Asset Management and the ZENworks Control Center
- An overview of ZENworks Asset Management is presented through the ZENworks Control Center, the user interface to the application.
Section 4 – ZAM Configuration
- This section looks at the ZENworks Control Center configuration options available for ZENworks Asset Management. It does not cover all configuration options for the application, instead focusing on settings specific to asset management.
Section 5 – Software Recognition
- This section looks at software recognition and how it works in ZENworks 10 inventory. Methods for adding recognition for installed software as well as web applications are discussed.
Section 6 – Reporting
- The various places where reports may be generated are discussed. This includes an overview of ZENworks Reporting Server, though detailed instruction on how to use ZRS is left to another course.
Section 7 – Software Usage
- This section looks at the software usage reports.
Section 8 – Document Management
- This section presents the simple steps required to archive documents in the ZENworks Asset Management database.
Section 9 – License Management
The section on License Management lays out the primary Software Asset Management features of ZENworks Asset Management. We start with an overview of the license management process and define the terminology that will be used throughout the discussion. With that foundation, we then present the three major components of the process –
- Purchasing and Catalog Products – the steps for importing information about purchased software and what has been licensed by each purchase
- Discovered Products – working with the distilled inventory information that represents license consumption
- License Reconciliation – comparing purchasing data with the inventory results to determine the compliance position
Section 10 – Purchasing and Catalog Products
In this section, we’ll work with manual and automated techniques for creating purchase records and catalog products.
Section 11 – Discovered Products & Software Collections
This section presents a brief discussion on management options that may be applied to discovered products.
Section 12 – License Reconciliation
In License Reconciliation, we bring together all the data organized so far in ZENworks Asset Management to build licensed product information.
Section 13 – Auto-Reconciliation
This section looks at the auto-reconciliation feature of ZENworks Asset Management, a way to jump-start a project by creating a number of licensed product records quickly.
Section 14 – Other Licensing Models
So far we’ve looked at only the simplest licensing models in building our entitlements. In this section we’ll explore some of the other license models available in ZENworks Asset Management.
Section 15 – License Allocations
In this section, we’ll look at how you may allocate licenses across certain demographic values in the ZENworks Asset Management database.
Section 16 – Other Licensing Considerations
This section includes notes on various other topics concerning licensing.
Section 17 – Contract Management
This section presents the features of contract management in ZENworks Asset Management that allow you to track and attach contracts associated with license entitlements.
Section 18 – Hardware Asset Management
Though ZENworks Asset Management is primarily a software asset management tool, there are some things you can do with it around hardware lifecycle management. This section presents some practical ideas.