In this course, students learn about the basic components of Micro Focus Identity
Manager 3.5 by installing and using Micro Focus Identity Manager 3.5 with few configuration changes. Students will become familiar with the purpose and components of Identity Manager, enabling them to perform basic configuration tasks in a lab environment.
Students will work with two SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 10 Linux servers, and a Windows Server 2003 server to synchronize data and passwords between eDirectory (on one of the SLES 10 servers) and Microsoft Active Directory (on the Windows 2003 server).
Training Level: 2 – Intermediate
Duration: 5 Days
- Install and use Micro Focus Identity Manager 3.5
- Perform basic configuration tasks in a lab environment
- Work with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 10 servers, and a Windows Server 2003 server to synchronize data and passwords between eDirectory and Active Directory
We expect the students for this course to include:
- Micro Focus software system administrators, integrators, and engineers
- Networking consultants
- Reseller/partner technical support staff
- New Identity Manager customers
Students should have a solid understanding of fundamental networking concepts (as covered in the CompTIA Network+ certification) and have knowledge of or experience with administering databases and a Directory (such as eDirectory or Active Directory). In addition, students should be familiar with the fundamentals of administering Micro Focus eDirectory (through experience or taking a course such as 3017 or 3078).
Students would also benefit from some fundamental experience with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server(9 or 10) and Windows Server 2003, as both platforms are used in the course exercises.
The following are knowledge and skills covered in Course 3091:
- Describe Micro Focus Identity Manager 3.5
- Install Micro Focus Identity Manager 3.5
- Configure an eDirectory Driver
- Manage Policies and Filters
- Implement Role-Based Entitlements
- Install and Use Designer
- Install and Configure the Active Directory Driver
- Implement Identity Manager Password Synchronization
- Install the User Application
- Administer Organizational Charts and White Pages
- Implement Micro Focus Audit Logging
- Review Micro Focus Identity Manager Deployment Guidelines
- eDirectory Fundamentals
Course Testing Information
There is no exam with this course.